September 11, 2012

I dream of an island...

...in our tiny little kitchen!

My real concern on decorating our house is the kitchen. Sounds ridiculous for someone who is not spending much time on cooking, but I do have big crush on baking. I love making cookies and desserts, a lot! Therefore, a beautiful and practical kitchen will always be on my list.

Our initial plan is to hack the wet kitchen and extend it to backyard area. Always I believe that a house will comes with a kitchen. Not two. Two kitchens (wet and dry) sounds too 'big' for me to maintain. Here comes the idea to convert our dry kitchen area into a cosy family hall where we can hanging out watching TV while munching our favorite snacks *it will be next to wet kitchen, remember?* without messing in the living area.  

I've always been a kitchen-with-counter kind of girl. Dreaming of baking while watching AFC channel on TV, I proposed to build a counter next to the dry kitchen which will act as a space divider as well but being rejected by husband without hesitation :(

Well, he is not that mean *that's why I'm marrying him!* when he suggest to build an island instead. A small-scale island that work hard enough to offset the limited surface and storage space. I keep on 'google' for 'small kitchen with island' and the results are more than exciting!

Traditional Kitchen design by San Francisco Architect ACANTHUS Architecture & Design, San Francisco, CA

Perfect lighting. Love how the wooden counter top island pop in this white kitchen.


A mobile island is such a brilliant idea for small kitchen but still, I need more space for my baking hobby.




Pretty suits with our kitchen layout except for the sinks are located by the windows.

Eclectic Kitchen design

Another option of mobile kitchen island.


SmartHomeKitchen.com

I heart these!

Traditional Kitchen design by Los Angeles Interior Designer The Old Painted Cottage

 ... and this! Definitely will propose these beautiful small kitchen with island to my husband. 
Love the color scheme, layout, airy feels and of course the island!

3 comments:

  1. arrrrrr nak sangat island ni but that will make my kitchen nampak sempit. bar table is the best solution! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment, my kitchen doesnt looks like a kitchen at all sbb blom buat cabinet lagi. & for the record, island itself can cost us a thousand!

      Delete
  2. my dream kitchen too.. planning to have one in my own house .. feel free to visit my blog at mymagnicrip.blogspot.com.. we can share our interest.. i have passion in interior design and all this type of thing... really in love to it..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...